Every week I say that I'm going to bring back Friday links. I love reading other people's Friday links post because I always discover the best stuff. And well, a big part of my job is reading all the things. I'm sure it seems like to many people that results in sharing all the things on social media. It does... sometimes.
Here are some things that I've read this week.
- "Aging Like a Boss," from Foodie with Family. "I’m so pleased that I’m given the gift of continued life and health and wrinkles. Yes, I think they’re a gift! I have laugh lines around my mouth. LAUGH LINES, PEOPLE. That means I’ve had enough smiling and laughter in my life for them to leave on my face the indelible evidence that I’ve been a happy person."
- "It's Okay if You Can't Even Do Half 30. Or Any 30. Or Anything, Today," from LaurieWrites. I selfishly think Laurie needs to write more often.
- "What I Learned About Myself by Finishing High School at 38," from The Maven of Mayhem. If that voice in your head it telling you it's too late to do something important to you? Tell that voice to shut it.
- "If Hermoine Granger Were the Main Character in Harry Potter," from Buzzfeed. You know you'd read it.
- "Why Did Target Suck at Being Canadian?" by... oh look, me. Hubris and a "my way or the highway" attitude. That was a damned expensive highway and apparently they don't to ride it all night long a la Tom Cochrane.
- "The 50 Most Iconic Meat Dishes in Montreal," from Montreal Eater. I want to go to Montreal and eat my way through my univeristy memories.
- "I'm Slower and I Don't Mind," from Women's Running. If I were writing this it would be "I'm Slow and I Don't Mind," and it would be true 95% of the time. There would also be no half-marathons or full marathons either. But I like the overall tone of the post a lot.