July has felt... hard. It's been full of deep thoughts, hard questions, and scary things. These things come in cycles. I know this. I've been feeling quiet and contemplative. I've been disconnecting a bit more, both in good ways and in bad. Some of these links will make you think. Some will make you dream. Hopefully none of them will make you want to disconnect.
- It's Cheaper To Rent a French Castle Than to Stay at Disney World. Well, it is if you travel with a big group of people. It doesn't account for airfare and airfare to France is generally more expensive than airfare to Florida. But I see these chateaus and I think retreat. Writing retreat. Cooking retreat. I just want to go to France retreat.
- Strawberry Peppercorn Soda. This sounds interesting in the most delicious way possible.
- How to get 40 Hours of Work Done in 16.7. I can't work all day like this but if I find I am procrastinating on something, it is a good way for me to get started. It can also be a good way to remind myself that yes, I can take 25 minutes just for me.
- The Incredible Thickness of Summer Nights. "When I am gone, I would like an elephant funeral on a thick summer night." Rita has written a lot of things I've liked but this might be my favourite.
- Instagram is Ready to Take its Shot. Just a good read about Instagram as a company. How it started. How it's evolved.
- Internet's Most Influential Writers. I often don't like these kinds of lists but this is a pretty good list.
- My Super Mario Brothers Aquarium. I think this is the only thing I've seen that has made me want fish.