- One's exit of a bookstore should never coincide with the end of a Santa Claus Parade. Especially if one needs to get on the subway while many over-stimulated, sugar-rushing children in strollers the size of SUVs are also on the subway.
- When a bookstore website says they have multiple copies in stock they should be able to find said stock. Sigh. At least I got a raincheck on it but hello, I WANTED TO READ IT THIS WEEKEND. hmph!
- You know, I read lots of blogs and many of those blogs talk about frequent trips to places like Target, Wal-Mart etc. Are you all INSANE? Honestly, if I went every week/month/whatever I'd be broke. I got in for toothpaste and walk out with $100 worth of stuff. How do those people do it???
- The quality of flannel is deteriorating. I went looking for flannel pjs (I didn't own any...I was starting to think this was making me a bad Canadian...) and some of them were icky. Scratchy, scratchy, scratchy. Flannel is not supposed to be Itchy and Scratchy. It is supposed to be soft and comfy. I finally found a pair that was softer than the others. I'm going to look mighty cute covered in small
Betty BoopsThumpers (hey, I was going for soft...so what if there's a bit of kitsch appeal). (Edit: Note to self - you need to buy separates in the future cause as usual the sleeves are way too freaking short. Three-quarter length sleeves are still in right???)
- I was looking for yarn to make practice socks with. I didn't go to a yarn store, just a department store. In the yarn section I found the most disgusting yarn ever. It was called "slipper and craft" yarn. If it should ever come into contact with heat I think it would melt into a blob. Ew!
- The one book I was able to pick up at the bookstore was the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Rules. People swear by her basic sock recipe. But there's one problem. She says you can't do a knitted on cast on for socks. You have to do a long-tailed cast on. I can't do a long tailed cast on. I've never been able to. My mother tried to teach me to knit for years but I could never cast on that way. My roommate tried to show me to do it. The internet tried to show me. I can't do it. I think I'll be trolling the internet later.
- Which god is the knitting god? I think I may need to make a sacrifice to them....
- You know what I like about weekends? I can crave hot nacho dip in the middle of the day and make it. If I try to do that during the week the phone rings with work stuff and well....not everyone likes to hear someone crunching in their ear.