Ok, I'll bite. I haven't tried to do one of these in years. But hey, why not??? So this is me jumping on the bandwagon.
I didn’t want do a standard read two books a week challenge because, aside from the April and May lull, it wouldn’t really be much of a stretch for me. So starting on June 1 I’m going to do 28 books in 14 weeks with the following parameters:
- Read book I own but haven’t read x 5
- Read a banned/challenged book x4
- Read a classic that I haven’t read before x4
- Read a history book x 3
- Read a book I’ve started before but never finished x 3
- Read a biography x 2
- Read a play (at least one Shakespeare) x 2
- Read a non-fiction book about something scientific (how’s that for nice and general?) x 2
- Read a book of poetry x 1
- Read a collection of short stories x 1
- Read a book in French x1
Total books = 28
This really is going to be challenging for me but I think I can do it.
I’m itching to get started but this doesn’t start until June 1. So I’ll plan and plot. Hmmm think I can tackle a Harry Potter book in French? I actually own a few of them in French.