August ran away from me. I'm confused that September is next week. I'm confused about how it's still kind of dark when I get up in the morning when it should be bright and sunny. I'm confused by the coolness of the weather, causing locals to refer to this month as Augtober. I'm not ready for fall and what comes after.
So let's ignore everything above and read all the things.
- Come Out of Your Shell. But it's so, so much easier to stay in my shell. It's nice and comfy here.
- You Are Not Late. Hmmm. Interesting. What will the world look like in 2044? And can you believe that's only 30 years away?
- It is Not Your Job to be Perfect. Are you sure? It feels like we expect everyone to be perfect all the time, but that we expect it of ourselves most of all.
- How Racers' Motivations Differ by 5k Time. Midpack racers have the broadest motivation to race. Makes sense to me, even though I'm more of a front of the back pack racer.
- On Stalking. "Respect the personal space and life of the creator, especially if they have expressed that you are making them feel uncomfortable." I wish the fact she needed to write this post surprised me. It didn't.
- Bear's Rainbow Blanket. I can't crochet for beans but I might have to try again because I am in love with this blanket.
- Why It's So Hard to Catch Your Own Typos. Please don't ask how many I times I had to correct a typo while typing this.
- The Politics of Dancing: Dance Movies are Pacifist Kung Fu Films (and Other Unformed Thoughts on Step Up). Okay, so I didn't like Step Up because Channing Tatum irritates the heck out of me but I do like dance movies and I never thought of them this way before. It's rather brilliant.
- How to Make Grenadine. I totally want to do this... and then make some kick-ass Shirley Temples.